RESPECTABLE SINS BOOK STUDY FOR WOMEN
Many times, Christians seem to be good at seeing other people’s sins but not our own. We see and bemoan the flagrant sins of our culture and we are easy to point out the sin in the lives of our brothers and sisters in Christ but we are often blind to the more subtle sins we tolerate in our own lives (respectable sins). We may be doing well at avoiding the more overt sins but what about the more subtle/respectable sins that can hinder our walks with God and harm our relationships with others? God has made clear in His word that He is as dishonored and displeased by our anxiety, unthankfulness, frustration, selfishness, and discontentment as He is by the overt sins we are so proud to avoid.
(Excerpt from book by author, Jerry Bridges)
Join us as we:
1. Learn how to point out these sins in our own lives through the light of the gospel.
2. Encourage each other with the good news that God has already forgiven our sins through the death of His Holy Son on the cross.
3. Grow together in our love for God and each other.
4. Please share this evite with other ladies that you think would enjoy.
5. We will meet once a month for ten months, on the 4th Saturday, at 10am.
6. RSVP on this evite or sign up in the foyer.
7. Books will be ordered prior to the first meeting and handed out at the first meeting, cost will be about $11. If cost is an
issue please let the Women’s Ministry Team know.
9. Spread the word!!